Read this article to see why health is wealth!
You already know you are what you eat, but you also become what you think. So why is “health is wealth”? As much as physical health is dependent on what foods you eat on a regular basis, what you feed your brain has a huge impact on your overall well-being.
Here are 5 tips on how to best position yourself to ensure that “Health is Wealth“:
- Think Positively: Positive thinking is a key component of adopting and sticking to a healthy eating routine. It's important to approach healthy eating with a positive mindset rather than a restrictive or negative one. Instead of focusing on what you can't eat, focus on the nutritious and delicious foods you can enjoy. Positive thinking can help reduce stress related to food choices and promote a healthier relationship with food.
- Maximize Your Energy: Eating for energy involves choosing foods that provide sustained energy throughout the day. Opt for complex carbohydrates like whole grains, legumes, and starchy vegetables. These foods release energy gradually, helping you avoid energy crashes. Additionally, include lean proteins like poultry, fish, tofu, and nuts to provide your body with the necessary building blocks for energy production and muscle maintenance.
- Boost the Immune System: A well-functioning immune system is crucial for overall health, and as we said health is wealth! To support your immune system through your diet, focus on consuming foods rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Include a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables, as they are packed with immune-boosting nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A, and antioxidants. Probiotic-rich foods like yogurt and fermented vegetables can also contribute to a healthy gut, which plays a significant role in immune function.
- Plan Ahead: Planning your meals and snacks can help you make healthier food choices and avoid impulsive, less nutritious options. Set aside some time each week to plan your meals, create a shopping list, and prep ingredients. This can prevent last-minute fast food or unhealthy snack choices when you're in a rush. Planning also enables you to balance your meals and ensure you're getting a variety of nutrients.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are nutritional powerhouses, providing essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Aim to fill half your plate with a colorful array of fruits and vegetables. Different colors often indicate different nutrients, so a variety ensures you're getting a broad range of health benefits. Incorporate both fresh and cooked options into your diet to maximize nutrient intake.
There are of course plenty of other things you can and should consider when you think about how your health is wealth, but let's start with these five and circle back once you're ready for more. As always, you should never stop learning to improve your physical and mental so your financial health can continue.
And that's why health is wealth!